- Data is the life blood of an organisation
- It is a necessity for data to be always available
- We are experiencing an unprecedented level of data growth
- Companies need a trusted data partner
- Veeam is now a plus 1 billion dollars company in terms of annual revenue
- They have now acquired more than 350 thousand customers and continue to grow
- Change is constant
- Cloud, mobile, edge IoT are current industry trends and have a direct bearing on data management
- Microsoft took to the stage and amongst other things discussed new storage technologies they are investigating to deal with massive data volumes that are being produced. Project being investigated include storing data on glass and within DNA!
- Veeam were a key player in the virtualised data centre and now intend to repeat that with hybrid cloud data management
- Veeam estimate 73% of its own customers operate a hybrid cloud strategy
- They intend to keep to the core Veeam qualities of simplicity, reliability and flexibility
- Vision statement – “To be the most trusted provider of backup solutions that deliver cloud data management”
- Veeam will offer a data management solution for virtual, physical, SAAS and cloud work loads.
- With Veeam – This new programme will bundle Veeam with HCI and storage vendors hardware together to allow tighter integration, more features and faster deployment. The products will be able to be ordered with a single SKU and there will be a single point of contact for support
- Nutanix Mine – Initially announced at Nitanix.NEXT is a turnkey solution offering Nutanix and Veeam Availability. Nutanix Mine is the initial offering of With Veeam along with Exagrid. Mine is currently in beta testing with select customers
- Veeam Orchestrator v2 – The automaton and orchestration software expands its capabilities including:
- Audit and remediate SLA compliance
- Automatically leverage both backup and replica protection data for use cases such as DevOps, patch and upgrade testing, analytics and more.
- Role based access control to allow business units to perform their own testing
- Scale out repository – coming in the future is the ability to use cloud object store as a direct target for backups