At the end of last week 3PAR OS 3.2.2 was released. It contained a significant number of enhancements and new features, here are the highlights:
- Support for the new 8000 and 20,000 models
- The Persistent Check Sum feature announced at HP Discover becomes available
- Remote copy is enhanced with the availability of the asynchronous streaming mode also announced at HP Discover
- File persona enhancements – Useable space doubled to 128TB, thin dedupe available and AV protection added
- Peer motion now allows Storage Federation
- HDS added to list of systems Online Import can be used with
- Raid 0 AFC layout as default
- Greater scalability, including support for multiple VVOL containers
- Greater control over AO. For each CPG you can define a minimum and maximum space utilisation. Definitely interested to try out this new feature
You can see a summary of the new features in the last few major 3PAR releases below. This graphic was originally featured in the official HP storage blog and you can read the full post here
You can read about the full set of features in the 3PAR OS 3.2.2 release notes.
To stay in touch with more 3PAR news and tips connect with me on LinkedIn and Twitter.